Dry herb vaporizer – Full Guide 2020
Table of Contents
A vaporizer is a device that evaporates cannabinoids and terpenes by heating them. Unlike smoking, vaporizers heat cannabis without combusting it. In other words, a vaporizer allows you to enjoy all the benefits of smoking without smoke.
Unlike regular vaporizers used to vaporize concentrates such as wax, shatter, dry herb vaporizers, they are exclusively used for vaping herb. These vaporizers are designed to vaporize the flowers and other plant matter only.
How does dry herb vaporizer work?
The primary function of a vaporizer is to convert the substance into vapors by hearting it. As you fill vaporizer with dry herb, it starts heating it. Using either of the conduction or convection methods, the vaporizer transfers heat to vaporize the herb.
In conduction vaporizers, heat element comes in direct contact with the surface of the herb and transfers heat to herb to produce vapors.
While in convection vaporizers, hot air circulates around the herb, and heat transfer occurs evenly without combusting the stuff.
Different parts of dry herb vape
Every dry herb vaporizer consists of the following elements.
Making a vital part of the vaporizers, batteries power their operations. Many of the portable vaporizers come with a battery. Often these devices include a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Featuring either fixed or removable batteries with a slower rate of self-discharge, modern vaporizers offer longer vaporizing sessions.
The chamber is used to stuff the dry herb into the vaporizer. Modern vaporizing devices come either with a ceramic or quartz chamber. With a faster heat and better heat retention characteristics, ceramic chamber vaporizers provide a smooth vaporizing experience.
On the other hand, quartz chambers take longer to heat, but they are best to retain the natural weed flavor.
The vape lovers who quickly want vapors into their mouths may like ceramic chamber devices. Those who prefer natural flavor might go for a quartz chamber vaporizer.
The mouthpiece is an essential part of a vaporizer that allows you to draw vapor from the chamber into your mouth. Different vapes come with varying sizes of mouthpiece; for an excellent vaping experience, it is crucial to find one that better suits you.
Mouthpieces could be tapered, cylindrical, or flat, each with respective pros and cons, which are important to know. With tapered or cylindrical mouthpieces, you may feel greater comfort, but their length can be harder to inhale. Flat mouthpieces do not have this problem, but they may be less comfortable to use.
For an enriched vape experience, consider purchasing a vape with a glass mouthpiece over hard rubber or silicone pieces.
How to use a dry herb vaporizer?
Using a dry herb vaporizer is not too complicated. The following steps would help you to know about the most common steps involved in the vaping.
- It is always good to read through the manual of your device. Before putting your vaporizer to use, a quick read of the manual allows you to know about your model’s specifics and how to effectively benefit from them.
- Always fully charge your vape battery before using it. For faster recharge and longer battery life, charge your vape by connecting it to a wall adopter.
- ‘Burn-off’ your device before using it. Once you have charged your vape, make sure its chamber is empty, clear of all visible particles. Turn your device on and let it attain the highest temperature. Repeating this process 2-3 times ensure getting rid of any residue left in the chamber.
- Grind your herb properly, allowing it to cover larger, more even surface area in the chamber. Pack your vaporizer using the medium-fine ground herb. It is always better to follow the packaging instructions listed in the product manual.
Avoid over-packing the chamber since it can interrupt the proper functioning of your vape.
- Using preheat settings or custom temperature dial, set the temperature for your herb. With a little trial and error exercise, you may be able to find suitable temperature settings.
- Once your vape reaches the required temperature, it is time to enjoy vaping. Start with slow, consistent draws about 3-5 seconds. Since vaping brings many more cannabinoids and terpenes, proceed cautiously to avoid getting too stoned too quickly.